Monday, September 7, 2009

Diet. ugh.

I LOVE food. I love to eat it, to wake up thinking about it, to think where I want to go for breakfast, then a few hours later, what I might have for lunch, and finally, what is in store for dinner.
Being on a diet is really a drag when you love food as much as I do.
Not that I am on a diet.
Oh no, it makes you feel like you might be denying yourself when you say the negative word, "diet", and then that makes you want to cheat and then to quit. And, once you quit a diet, you gain even more weight than you've lost and then where are you? Needing to diet all over, and for longer. Alas.
So, my dear husband and I are NOT dieting, we are eating more sensibly. Making better food decisions. Watching our portion sizes. Trying to be more healthy.
Yet, what about when you do all of that, and no weight comes off.
What about when you are on the stationary bike for 35 minutes in the morning. Then later in the day you take a brisk 2 mile or more walk. And then for another half an hour you do a relaxing, yet ab and quad working QiGong for weight loss DVD. Then what, as you have your salad for lunch (with low fat dressing) after your steel cut oatmeal with nectarine for breakfast, and revel in your great food choices and exercise regime. Then when you don't lose any weight either, then what???
That is what I want to know.
So, then you try to psych yourself into thinking that you never were trying to lose weight anyway. That you were only trying to get healthy and you MUST be somewhat healthier, what with all the great choices you've been making. (One time, when I was under a lot of stress and teaching 4th grade to lots of naughty children that hated each other, I lost weight on accident. I lost 12 pounds, without consciously eating better.)
You think you might trick your body into shedding a few pounds by telling it that you are not in fact trying to lose weight at all.
My body is not buying it. Not this time.
It is the same weight and has been the same for the last 7 weeks, seemingly no matter what I do, what I eat or how I try to psych my body out.
So, anyways, a little diet venting. Make that, healthy choice venting.
It is important to love myself the way I am. Right now. I do, I don't look bad, pretty good. Perfect is not in the cards for me and perfect can also be boring right?
Who wants to be boring?
It would be easier to be peaceful in this whole happy with myself being healthy thing if my dear wonderful husband had not lost 16 pounds without half trying. Then he mentions that it is a mind thing. AAAAAAAAAhhhhh. I felt like Miss Piggy there right before a well aimed karate chop at her beloved Kermit.
We almost weight the exact same weight!! He is a mere 3 pounds heavier than me. That is 1/4 of the weight of my cat. The weight of a small chihuahua. Yet he is 2 inches taller.
He does look good though, great actually.
Time to go enjoy some deviled eggs and lemon muffins I made for our apartment get-together. mmmmmmmmmm, yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment