Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Children's Book Author

I would like to be a children's book author.
I was wearing my good first impression shirt and skirt. (Both incidentally purchased from my favorite thrift store in Columbus Ohio with my mom!) So excited to be going to my "how to become a children's book author" class at the Mountain View Los Altos adult education center. It was to be held at the Los Altos senior center. I had directions written out, my hair drying in my special hair drying towel before blow drying it. I had every class written into tuesday in my planner. Great to be doing a something that would take a few hours out of my day and possibly have homework. It is more fun to be doing procrastinating type stuff when you actually have something to procrastinate about. I was going to learn tons! But, alas. My creative writing class was cancelled because of low enrollment last week and not seeing the reimbursement on my credit card statement, I e-mailed this morning and got a call telling me that the children's writing class had been cancelled as well. I cried.
My dear husband began to look up other writing classes online at different universities, before going off to work. He felt bad for me. But my heart wasn't in it. Not yet. It should be back in it in the next day or so.
I was praying while taking my 1/2 hour walk today. When I look back on my life, I believe that everything has been planned and has had a purpose. So, here I am. No teaching job, my classes on how to become a writer, mercilously cancelled, my days slightly restless. Is there something that the Lord is doing for me? Something he has planned that I will understand in the next year or so? Probably. I'm trying to take comfort in that.
Fred and I are going to look into purchasing a web site template so I can offer my services as a math tutor. That should be good.
Fred also found a web site regarding writing children's books and I think I'll look into that and also get some books from the library on the topic, perhaps make my own class with assignments for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment