Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

We kept little kitty out of the bedroom last night to see how my nose and face would do. The poor soul meowed almost all night long. (Fred said, my head was under the pillow, but I did dream about cats and there was a lot of meowing going on.) I did wake up well and was able to go back to sleep after getting up around 6:30, which I couldn't do the day before because of the sneezing and blowing of the nose.
We had a lovely thanksgiving dinner this evening, friends from our church, who are on weight watchers. I am going to visit a meeting on Saturday to see what I think, of course I wouldn't officially join until after the baby is born. Who knows how long it will take to get pregnant, but you shouldn't diet while trying to get pregnant or the body will think that there is not enough food to go around. So I am enjoying the periodic small bowl of Haagen Daz.
I also tried a Skinny Cow treat tonight, a yummy ice cream sandwich. Wow. So good.
The couple have a daughter who is 10, and she and I talked for a long time at the end of the evening. I do so love talking to kids and they love being listened to, so it was fun. I do miss kids. So much. I keep praying for direction in what I should be doing now, we'll see. I was looking online for a job and there is basically only one and it is about 2 hours a way at a private school, which would mean that I would get paid much less than public school. Hmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment