Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The biannual clothes switcheroo

I finally decided to change out my closet. I took out all of the t-shirts and summery skirts and traded them out, into the big blue Wal-Mart bin, for the winter sweaters and long sleeve T's.
Ah, the amount of dust or whatever I am allergic to in clothes sitting in a bin for 6 months was making me sneeze about 100 times an hour. My overall body heat rose and I had to open a window and change into a short sleeve shirt. My nose became bright red and is now chapped. Let alone the amount of stress when I am deciding which clothes should stick around and which should go to the Goodwill. Did the clothes going to the Goodwill mostly originate there anyways? Should I shop there less??? Should I take the time to pick out the still valuable clothes and take them to a consignment store to try to make a little back? There was that one time that I painstakingly washed and placed on hangers a ton of what Fred calls "teacher clothes" to take to a consignment store and they were all rejected! Rejected! Maybe I am scarred deep down from the cold hearted treatment of that fateful day. Or maybe I'm a little lazy.
I wonder how the percentage compares of clothes that I buy at a real store going to the Goodwill and clothes I purchased at the Goodwill going back. I wonder why giving clothes away makes me feel guilty? If I haven't worn it in a few years, it must not be that interseting to me and it should go. This I have learned from multiple home organizational shows.
Maybe someday I will have enough closet space to put all of my winter clothes, and summer clothes, and old clothes I feel guilty getting rid of all together. Ahhhhhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment