Saturday, November 28, 2009

Movie Weekend

We've been seeing movies!
We saw New Moon. How many husbands are there who are ready to take their wives to see New Moon??? Not so many, I have the best one. He thought it was a little long and whiny, but I liked it, about as much as the book, which was the slowest of them all and more of a necessary lead in to books three and four. There were about 15 of my students there yelling each time Jacob removed his shirt.
We saw North by Northwest and To Catch a Thief at the Stanford Theater. Very fun. I haven't seen either of them and it was so great to see them on the big screen as my first time. North by Northwest was especially suspenseful and well done.
Then today we saw The Blind Side. Wow. That was really heart warming, and a true story. During the credits there were pictures of the real family with Michael Oher. I loved Sandra Bullock's character. I aspire to be like that someday, strong and fighting for what I think is right, in spite of any obstacles.

No comments:

Post a Comment