Tuesday, November 24, 2009

4 days!!

4 days since I last wrote. AAAAAAAAAAhhhck!
Have I turned into a person who will say, "I tried the blogging thing, but didn't keep it up, oh well".
It has become sort of complicated, I don't know who's reading it, and do they expect that it is a journal or something else. Did I start it to be a journal? How come I never have something to write and also keep conveniently forgetting to write anything? Am I worried that it will be boring? Am I worried that I might begin to write a book and then have the idea stolen?
Welp, these may all be excuses, I am going to recommit to writing daily .

Hilarious episode of the Simpsons on Sunday. Marge was offering Oreo's and milk to her mommy and baby playgroup and the moms freaked out at the fat and corn syrup and cow cancer that she was trying to feed their children. Marge is told that until she can make more healthy foods, she is banned from the snack rotation! (Gasp.) You can imagine her distress. So she takes the family to Wellness Foods (Whole Foods) and they get lots of very healthy stuff for 790 dollars, and then when they scan the forgotten blueberries, it goes up to 830 dollars. (I can fully relate.) So, she prepares muffins for the playgroup, but when she says that she did not need to grease the pan because she used nonstick, they freaked out about that, and promptly hijacked an ambulance in front of the house to take them all to the hospital. (Marge can't take it anymore and finds Homer's forbidden snack drawer and they engorge themselves together.)
It made me think, how crazy have we become???
I was also reading the Skinny Bitch diet book, basically they get you to become a vegan in a matter of 50 pages. If I think that every food is evil except for vegetables, how can I eat enough to be healthy. Then I was looking at some advice books about how to eat when you are pregnant, and there is lots of milk and meat protein, and carbs in that diet. Way more than I eat right now.
So, I am trying not to become a crazy person. (Stay tuned to see whether or not I succeed in this!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment