Friday, November 6, 2009

Love CA

So much for trying to write every day, well, I am trying, but not as hard as before and it is becoming more like every other day when it is convenient and I have the time and I'm not tired because it is bedtime.
No word yet on the results of my biopsy on Tuesday.
Basically there are a few options. If it is not cancer, whew, schedule mastectomies in January and be relieved. If it is cancer and the same kind I had before, just move mastectomy up to now, but no chemo or lymph node stuff since it was already done and that was not an aggressive cancer needing chemo anyways. If it is cancer and not the kind I had before, but a crazy angry fast growing kind, move the mastectomy up to now and have chemo. But I do already have a wig thank goodness, and know what to expect and to ask for lots of drugs. Not fun though. But on pins and needles waiting for the call back which may be this afternoon or not until Monday.
I have been loving my 30 minute practically daily walks.
The fall and spring in California are my most most favorite times. It is currently fall, a beautifully long lasting fall. About 1/3 of the trees here change color, so there are splashes of yellow, orange and red, but here the leaves don't fall off very quickly because the weather is so mild, no quick frosts in the beginning of the season, or gusty winds. I get to enjoy them for a long time. Also, there are roses in all stages of bloom that I get to smell on my circuitous route of my neighborhood.
The spring is amazing. It starts in February (when most of the rest of the country is in the throes of a dismal rough winter) and the trees become knobby and start to bud. Annuals are also already coming out and the scene is becoming flowery. In February! It only gets better through March, April, May and then a slow progression into a mild summer.
The summer here only has a few smattered weeks of really hot weather, and it is made up for with the cooler nights when you can keep your fan running all night and then close up the shades in the day to keep the cool in.
It is a little unpredictable here though, even though there may be two days in a row (or 5-10) that all have almost identical highs and lows the actual feeling outside is very different day to day. It can feel really cold one day and then much warmer the next even though technically the weather is the same.
You also have to layer here, what is right for the early morning and later evening is never the same as what is right for the middle of the day.
My favorite favorite place I've ever lived! Hope to stay here a long time, but even if I don't and kids come and plans change and we move back to a midwesterly place, I am enjoying it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment