Thursday, May 19, 2011

Whole30 - Day 5

I am trying to gauge how I am feeling differently as I am in day 5 of my Whole30 restricted diet journey.
I feel more alert, from the moment I wake up, and throughout the day. I have more energy and pep and get bored faster and like to move more.
My stomach feels good, never too full or heavy feeling, but satisfied and satiated until the next meal, usually about 4-5 hours.
I did have some headaches on Tuesday and I think it was because even though I ate until I was satisfied for breakfast and lunch, overall it wasn't enough food to fill me up. It turns out I have to go a little past full if I have some engagement that will keep me from eating for a 4 hour chunk of time.
The ingredient thing definitely takes some research, it turns out that the mayo I'm using has soybean oil and the roasted cashews have some rice oil. I'm going to make some of my own mayo for the future and watch those ingredients more closely while shopping.
I do worry that I will forget about the diet and accidentally pop something into my mouth.
It is also two days after my first official Crossfit exercise routine at Crossfit Palo Alto. Wow, I can't think of a muscle group that wasn't used. It is all sore.
I fully agree with their philosophy of getting fit using movements that are part of daily life and not isolating certain muscles and working them in a way that won't happen naturally. So, no crunches happened but my obliques are feeling fully exercised from the other stuff we did.
It was interesting watching my stamina in relation to the other women in the class. I sure felt like a wimp and that I let myself give up and stop way too easily. Many of them pushed themselves much harder and were much more sweaty and exhausted looking afterwards than I was. I need to be more committed to give it my all when I'm there.
I think someday I'll start my own blog of foods and recipes I've made so that the blog can be more useful than just as a journal for myself.

I did have chicken salad over avocado a number of times for lunch this week:

Chicken Salad:
Shredded cooked chicken - I used Trader Joe's "Just Chicken" from the refrigerated section
Dijon Mustard - Mix in a bit
Mayo - Mix in until desired consistency
Dried Tarragon - Add

I made up a bunch and then used it over three days for lunch putting it over a diced avocado half and then drizzling it with a little balsalmic vinegar.


No comments:

Post a Comment