Monday, May 23, 2011

Whole 30-Day 9

My acupuncturist said I should eat one cup of brown rice a day after I told her all about the Whole30 diet. I was actually surprised, thinking that she would have other concerns about it. I have added the brown rice, but only that, and so it may not really be the Whole30 anymore, but if there is a baby that is more important. I feel though that I am still on it and am behaving that way except for the rice.

It is a lot of cooking. But I try to do a lot in advance for the week.

For Breakfast I made a fritata:
I chopped onion, red pepper and zucchini and stir fried them,
Then I added 6 beaten eggs and cooked it for a little bit and finished it off in the oven.
It's good with green tomatillo salsa on top.
It should last 4 days.

For Lunch I made chicken salad:
I used "Just Chicken" from Trader Joes
Chopped it small and added mayo and dijon mustard and tarragon
Then I dice an avocado half and put the chicken salad on top
I top with some reduced Balsalmic Vinegar and a few roasted cashews for crunch
It will last 4 days as well.

For Dinner I made chili:
With a recipe from theclothesmakethegirl.blogspot.com
It will last for 2 days for dinner for both husband and I, and probably an extra meal or two for myself or some to freeze.

What I've learned so far:
Make sure to eat as suggested before and after workouts, Tuesday and Friday were the only days that I've had a bit of a headache since starting the diet. I don't think I ate enough quickly enough after the workout and got a little weak.

Eat before leaving the house:
We were going to a couple fair type events this last weekend and I made sure that I had eaten enough before so that I would be full during and not crave all the things that weren't allowed. The day that I did not eat enough, I had a Lara bar (Cherry Pie, only has cherries, figs and pecans) but still was hungry. Fred and I split a sausage with onions and peppers. Of course my half didn't include the bun, but it kept me going until we could get to Chipotle :)

How I feel:
Awake and alert all of the time. It must be different from before or I wouldn't notice it right?

1 comment:

  1. You're doing great with your logs and I was super impressed to see how you really dove into that workout this morning! Keep up your hard work Laura! (And the frittata sounds delish!)
    -Trish

    ReplyDelete