Saturday, October 31, 2009

Carmel

Fred and I would like to live in Carmel, at least as a vacation home, with our real home to be in Palo Alto, when we grow up.
We'd like a lovely cottage on the ocean with large windows facing the beach so we can watch the sun set. Those are about 2 million, so it might take a while. (The house in Palo Alto would be about 2 million as well, so it might take a great while! And of course you need a house to live in before you can buy a vacation home.)
We walked quickly down a side street as the sun quietly decided to dip into the ocean. The golden hour making the trees look a little more beautiful. "It wasn't supposed to set yet" I told Fred, even though he had predicted that it would set at exactly this second and I had wanted to stop at the small grocery store to buy some ginger ale to calm my stomach from my overdose of dark chocolate from the candy store. "It isn't set yet, you aren't supposed to look directly into the sun as it sets, you are supposed to wait until it goes down and the look at the colors of the sky it leaves behind" he said trying to console me. I wasn't in the mood to be consoled "Yes you are supposed to look directly at the sun until it sets, seeing it the whole time" I said.
We made it while there was a beautiful tall stretch of bright orange meeting the green blue of the ocean and a periwinkle blue sky overhead. As we watched the orange turn to yellow and the sky darken shade by shade, we sat on a halved wooden log and discussed lots of everything and nothing, important in its forgetableness.
Lovely weekend in Carmel, and back in time for the last day of the weekend (Sunday, we left on Thursday evening) so we can feel rested before the week begins.
I decided to have a biopsy of the suspicious area, either a fine needle biopsy (comfortable procedure) or a core needle biopsy (more painful and traumatizing, but at least I know what to expect and the lump is right next to the skin, so not a lot of really deep digging into the flesh of the breast) and will schedule in Monday, so that I can wait for the whole mastectomy crazy until the turn of the new year so I can save on the yearly minimum requirement of the insurance company. Otherwise the whole procedure will begin this year and end next year and I will have to pay a thousand or two for each year instead of just the one year.

No comments:

Post a Comment