Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Whole 30- Much later

So, it's been a while since I've written.
I was a little mad at the Whole 30 when I finished because I lost only 3 pounds, and then after the trip to Florida, I gained 2 back. Alas.
It was probably unreasonable for me to expect that I'd lose a lot, since I've been already eating a very practical diet for a long time, the weight watchers for a while and then watching still closely since then. But I was a little annoyed.
Since the whole 30 ended, I've been making adjustments to it. I eat whole fat dairy products, as milk in coffee, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, high quality cheese. My stomach doesn't mind that at all.
I eat grains much less frequently, a bagel or french toast on the weekend when we go to breakfast. Or a hamburger bun or rice or corn tortillas when we go out to eat. Not that big of a deal. My stomach doesn't much like the bagels, they feel very heavy for about 3 hours. (But there is this amazing salmon platter at Barrone that I can't do without, so I have it every few weeks.)
Otherwise, close to Paleo at home and not as close eating out.
It feels good, my digestive system is functioning really well.
My normal breakfast is a 2 egg omelet with spinach, tomato and some cheese, with a small cut up avocado on the side with green salsa on top. Very tasty and keeps me filled for about 5 hours.
Then a small lunch, maybe roasted vegetables, or chicken salad.
Dinner is usually some paleo dinner that I make. I have found lots of good websites with recipes.
I notice that when I have some sugar I usually want more. I like dessert and crave it sometimes. But not usually more than once a week or so.

I have begun to see grains kind of like sawdust. A filler with almost no nutritional value. So, I try to fill myself with vegetables, fat, meat, protein, and high fat dairy, so that whatever that goes in does have some value. I may do the whole 30 again, it seems like a good idea to reset things, remind myself that the dairy, no matter how much I love it, is not necessary. I can live without many things in my diet. I guess it reminds me that I control what I eat and doing something strict is possible and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment