Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Baby - 11 Weeks

As baby grows bigger we are figuring more out. She doesn't like a wet or poopy diaper for long. It must be changed. She doesn't like to be doing nothing and needs held or entertained, but then not for long and wants to be put down again to play by herself. She hates to nap and almost never does and then when she does it is only for 20-40 minutes and only when being held and rocked. Too bad if you have to go to the bathroom, she will wake up and not go back to sleep. She sleeps for about 2-3 of these small naps a day and that is about it.
But! She does sleep really well at night. From day one she has slept in 5 hour chunks. Usually from around midnight until 5 and then after a feeding, she will sleep again for another 3 hour chunk. So I have not had the sleep deprivation that so many people talk about, because I have gotten a 5 hour sleep every night since she came to us.
I love living where we live. I can put baby in her baby bjorn and walk her to the grocery store or the coffee shop or just a quick walk with people all around. Downtown Mountain View is a great place to be with a baby. I don't feel alone or cooped up because there are so many walkers on Castro street for lunch and so many stores to window shop.
Emily is very beautiful, everyone says. We say whenever we see other people's babies, how beautiful she is and what a good job we did.
I am so happy I found flylady before having baby. I keep things pretty well straightened here. I "take a lick at a snake" as the saying goes and whenever things aren't making me happy I fix them up. If I'm disturbed about the state of the stove, I wipe it down. If there are lots of crumbs on the carpet or the living room floor I vacuum or sweep. If the place begins to look sloppy I set the timer for 15 minutes and do a straightening. I keep the sink empty and clean during the day and most nights I do all of the dishes and shine it up before bed. I've been "flywashed" and clean for myself, not as a martyr but just because I know it will make me happier if things are the way I like them. I have also learned that it takes less time to just fix something up than it does to feel stressed and complain about it. It only takes me about 10 minutes to do the dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment